This is post will be part of a team of fabricators and welders welding predominantly mild steel using MIG techniques to produce a range of lifting and handling products in our modern factory. The successful candidate will be working on a variety of projects but will include SwingLift cranes and goods lifts for mezzanine floors. Recent contracts have included work for BT Openreach, Buckingham Palace and Co-op food stores.
• General MIG production welding in mild steel.
• Setting out work and tacking up.
• Preparing parts for fabrication.
• Cutting and drilling steel.
• Liaise with the Design Department on individual specifications.
• Check finished work against specification.
• Work alongside the production team to ensure delivery is on time.
There will be opportunities for development for those who wish to be coded and work in the more challenging nuclear fabrication section of the business.
• An NVQ in Fabrication and Welding or proof of time-served experience.
• An ability to read drawings.
• A UK driving licence is preferred.
• Willingness to learn new skills and expand existing knowledge.
• Good verbal, visual and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be well supported within the Manufacturing Team but will be expected to meet deadlines from the outset and their performance will be monitored. The company has high expectations of all employees and they are encouraged to continue with their personal development.
If you are looking for an exciting job then please send your CV to the Managing Director, Robin Penny at email@example.com
Wages: Negotiable depending on age and performance.
Contract: Permanent 39hr week Mon – Fri.
Benefits: Company Bonus, company pension, opportunities for personal development.