Working at height remains one of the biggest causes of fatalities and major injuries in the UK. Work at Height regulations state that you must:
- Avoid work at height when it is reasonably practicable to do so.
- Prevent falls using a safe place of work or the right type of equipment.
- Minimise the distance and consequences of a fall.
Lighting installed in high ceilings creates difficult access for maintenance & either scaffolding towers or MEWPS must be used – both costly and time consuming. What's more, multiple, skilled operators that carry the right certification to use the appropriate access equipment are required. Working in this way offers increased risk to operators too due to working at height.
Solution - lighting winch systems offer:
- Reduced risk - by eliminating the need to work at height
- Reduced downtime – simple operation with a lack of costly, time consuming access equipment needed
- Mechanical lock acts as secondary support to the winch rope
- Electrical feed is automatically isolated when system is lowered & electric systems utilise overload protection
- Contact Suspension Unit with innovative design & robust construction
- Simple, reliable operation.
- Quality assured UK design and manufacture with short lead times on custom systems.
- Worldwide installation with no sub-contract labour
- Project management – Comprehensive project management helps you from the initial site assessment through the design, manufacture, installation and future service phases of the project.
- Worldwide inspection, service and maintenance programs customised to your system’s needs.
- R&L Systems can be powered by either a hand operated or electric winch.
- Our systems can be designed to lift between 5kg-1500kg+
- Depending on the shape of the object being raised/lowered, a system can utilise either one, or multiple ropes to suspend the load.
- Systems can be for either internal or external use.
Custom winch solutions
- Single Rope Powered or Single Rope Manually Operated
- Multi Rope Powered or Multi Rope Manually Operated
With the option of having them controlled either wirelessly, via pendant flying lead or hardwired.
Self-contained off the shelf solutions
- LNE and multi-contact wirelessly controlled systems capable of lifting loads from 4-500kg.
Customers & case studies
We're delighted to be the lighting winch provider of choice for prestigious names including; Buckingham Palace, The Royal Academy of Arts, Al Salam Palace Kuwait, Edinburgh University, Birmingham Cathedral, Birmingham Law Courts, Aberdeen Art Gallery, The Royal Geographical Society, Highgate School, Airbus & GlaxoSmithKline.
Why not take a look at our case studies page for further information?