GDPR and Privacy Statement
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on 25 May 2018. The new laws aim to update the current Data Protection Act, increase the privacy protection of all UK and EU citizens and reduce the risk of data breaches. It will apply to all public and private organisations processing personal data.
Penny Hydraulics Ltd is committed to the privacy and security of all individual’s personal data which we hold and will only process and retain the information under the following circumstances.
Customers and suppliers – Contact names and emails shall be held for relevant individuals required for the completion and support of contracts between a customer and Penny Hydraulics. Contact data may be shared with suppliers or subcontractors involved in the completion of a contract where they require direct contact but only if the recipient of the data is also GDPR compliant. The data will be held until the supply and support of a contract is completed.
Employees – Personnel details shall be held for current and past employees required for the legal requirements of the HR and Accounts departments. The data will be held for a duration in line with the current legal guidelines set out by HMRC and HSE.
All data is stored on secured premises with 24hr surveillance, Servers and Computers are secured with Enterprise Grade Security Systems and encryption.
Penny Hydraulics Ltd will only hold personal details for the purposes outlined; we will never pass your details onto a third party without your permission.
Any queries about GDPR compliance or requests for what data we hold on an individual should be made to Ashley Holmes -Data Controller Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Definitions and Interpretation
Meanings of phrases within this document:
Data - Any information that a user of the website provides to us, through our “Contact” page, or through emailing us relating to any person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information.
We/Us/Our - Penny Hydraulics Limited, Station Road, Clowne, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4AB - Registered No: 1380206
You/Your - A user of the website
The Website - www.pennyhydraulics.com
- Company Information
Penny Hydraulics Limited,
Registered No: 1380206
Penny Hydraulics Limited
Our VAT number is GB 295 5936 03
- Users Rights
As a user you have the following rights -
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information;
- A right of access to the personal information we hold about you;
- A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for other legal reasons;
- A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information;
- A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
- Data Collection
Except where you contact us directly through any of our contact options available on the Website you we do not collect any personal data from you.
If you contact us or send us an email, we will retain the details you provide to us including your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us.
However, we do place cookies on your computer or device
- Using Your Information
Where we hold any personal information, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary, considering the reason it was provided to us.
We will potentially -
- Reply to your email;
- Provide details on the products or services requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Offer or provide you with the services requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
We will delete your personal information once your request has been met or the service has been provided, except where –
- You were interested in details of products or services we are offering, when we will continue to hold your information in order to send you information on other properties that may interest you;
- You become a client or a buyer of a product or service;
- You require us to retain it for longer;
- We are required to retain it for longer for other legal reasons.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data and to request that we delete it.
We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- Storage of your Data
Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- Accessing Your Data
- Changes to our Policies
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date, as we reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time if our policies change or the law changes. Any changes will be posted on this page of the website and you will be deemed to have accepted changes to the Policy on your first use of the website following the changes.
This Policy applies only to your use of this website. The website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
We will address your concerns and attempt to solve the problem to your satisfaction.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.