Penny Hydraulics is a long established and thriving firm that designs, manufactures, installs and services cranes, goods lifts, tyre presses, lighting winch systems and bespoke machinery for the nuclear decommissioning industry. Our products tend to be unique in the marketplace due to the deliberate strategy of finding innovative designs to solve customer problems.
There are currently 7 Design Engineers in the Design Team with the vacancy due to a recent retirement. This post will be working on extremely varied projects but will be involved with the chandelier winch systems and beer delivery lifts that have recent contracts with Buckingham Palace, Guinness, Airbus Industries and the Royal Albert Hall.
Design Engineer Role
- Produce designs in Autodesk Inventor using design automation suitable for manufacture.
- Have due regard to legislation and British Standards.
- Project manage from inception to completion on site.
- Carry out stress analysis.
- Fully cost designs and produce a bill of materials.
- Offer project support in terms of collating and presenting documentation.
- Trouble shoot production problems.
- Produce system layouts and module assemblies.
- Work alongside the production team to ensure delivery.
- Produce operation and service manuals.
- Formal Mechanical Engineering qualification to degree level.
- Good working knowledge of 3D CAD packages – ideally Autodesk Inventor 2015.
- Industrial experience preferred.
- An interest and knowledge of machinery and fabrication design.
- A basic understanding of the design of electrical control circuits would be an advantage.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A UK driving licence is preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills and expand existing knowledge.
- Good verbal, visual and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be well supported within the Design Team but will be expected to meet deadlines from the outset and their performance will be monitored. The company has high expectations of all employees and they are encouraged to continue with their personal development. If you are looking for an exciting job after university then please send your CV to the Managing Director, Robin Penny email@example.com
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Contract: Permanent 40hr week Mon - Fri.
Benefits: Company Bonus, Company pension, Opportunities for personal development.