Customer Service FAQs
What are Penny Hydraulics' opening hours?
Penny Hydraulics is open 8am–5pm, Monday–Friday excluding bank holidays.
What are the payment terms for Penny Hydraulics products?
Payment terms depend on a customer's financial history with us and will be outlined at the quote/order stage.
It is typical that 50% up to a full upfront payment be requested from new customers.
Long-standing customers may be given the option to open a credit account with us. This is subject to receipt of a completed credit application form and the necessary credit checks being carried out. We use credit report data from RiskDisk (part of the Experian Group). RiskDisk allows us to determine the credit worthiness of our customers and prospects using an Experian Commercial Delphi scorecard and many other publicly and privately available data sources.
What payment methods are available?
The payment methods we have available are bank transfer (BACS), payment by credit/debit card over the phone, payment by cheque (cleared funds required), or cash on collection.
Please note that we do not accept American Express.
Can I pay in a different currency?
We only accept payment in sterling (GBP).
Is Penny Hydraulics equipment suitable for transporting overseas?
Yes, Penny Hydraulics operates within 22 countries on a regular basis and all our equipment is suitable for transporting overseas.
I’m an overseas customer, how do I buy from you?
You can submit your purchase order either by email at email@example.com or over the phone on 01246 811475.
What shipper do Penny Hydraulics use for UK vehicle mounted lifting equipment?
For all UK cranes and loading platforms we use a shipping company called Tuffnells Parcel Express.
How long does shipping take for UK cranes and loading platforms?
Shipping usually takes around 1–2 days for all UK cranes and loading platforms.
Can I arrange my own shipping for vehicle mounted lifting equipment?
Yes, if you would prefer to arrange your own shipping for Vehicle Mounted Lifting Equipment then you are able to do so.
Can I arrange my own shipping for goods lifts?
Yes, you are able to arrange your own shipping for goods lifts, however we only use our own engineers to carry out goods lift installations.
What shipping method do Penny Hydraulics use for spare parts and what is the delivery time?
We use UPS for shipping spares, both to the UK and around the world.
Shipping to the UK generally takes 1–2 working days from order on a standard service, with an option of before 10.30 delivery at an additional cost. Shipment time varies depending on location when it comes to international shipments. Please contact us for accurate delivery times.
What paperwork will I get with my products?
You will receive a signed delivery note and for all lifting equipment and a test certificate to prove it has been tested in the factory and is safe to use. Penny Hydraulics will also keep a digital copy of both.
What is Penny Hydraulics' warranty policy?
This policy is intended to provide our customers with the best possible support to ensure trouble-free use of their new Penny Hydraulics lifting equipment.
Products sold by the company are guaranteed to be free from defective material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of invoice or from the date of the commissioning certificate. This warranty applies only under the following conditions:
- The unit or part must not have been subject to neglect or abuse, or operated under abnormal conditions or in an unapproved application.
- The responsibility of the company is restricted to what is, in their judgement an adequate repair or replacement of the company's product.
- An authorised engineer must carry out a six monthly inspection.
- The warranty is void if examination reveals that the unit or part has been repaired or adjusted other than by an authorised engineer.
- Normal service repairs carried out by authorised engineers are supported by their own warranty.
- Warranty does not extend to consumable items requiring replacement due to normal wear and tear. Any claim under warranty must be made in the first instance by contacting Penny Hydraulics Ltd Service Department on 01246 811475 or via firstname.lastname@example.org The decision will then be made on how best to proceed after consultation with the customer.