There is much concern and coverage about the current spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). As one of our valued partners we would like to reassure you that we are aware of our duty of care.
What we’re doing
We have taken several measures to ensure the safety and wellness of our employees, which is also fundamental to the safety and wellness of our customers & suppliers. These include travel restrictions, processes for returning travellers, reviewing business continuity plans and prudently evaluating the need and attendance at meetings.
We have also established a team that is working to determine the appropriate measures which should be taken during this event. This team will help guide our actions in responding to the global outbreak, including measures to reduce spread of the illness and maintaining business continuity including Operations, IT and Procurement.
What we ask from you
To further minimise the risk of any infection, we kindly ask that you take some simple measures before any visits to the Penny Hydraulics site:
- If you visit our sites, please wash your hands with soap and water (for a minimum of 20 seconds) upon arrival and/or use hand sanitiser Gels when handwashing facilities are not available.
- When you drop off any vehicles for us to work on, please make every effort to wipe the main contact-areas with a sanitiser– key areas are the steering wheel, gearstick, handles (inside and outside), switches, seatbelt and sun visor.
- Wear protective gloves when moving any vehicles & where possible remain in the cab of the delivery transporter.
- Observe a minimum distance of 2m between yourself & Penny Hydraulics employees
- If delivering to our site, inform the relevant area of your arrival & return to your cab & wait to be unloaded, again observing minimum distance.
- Cover any cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- Avoid our premises if:
- you feel unwell and call 111 online coronavirus service.
- in the last 14 days, you have travelled to any countries listed as category 1 or 2 as listed on the Gov.co.uk website
- you have been in contact with someone portraying any symptoms of the Coronavirus.
Staying on the front foot
We realise this situation remains very dynamic. We will continue to provide updates as we learn more. We are confident in our preparation and contingency planning for situations such as this. We remain committed to providing a service and support that you and all of our customers and suppliers have come to expect of our company throughout this situation. We also hugely appreciate your support in acting responsibly.
Penny Hydraulics reserve the right to request persons to leave the site if they are exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus and as such pose a risk to our employees.
10th March 2020